Something special for a discerning
    eye and a sophisticated
    Kloster.Land - an inclusive, accessible, friendly platform for all lovers of monastic culture and lifestyle.

    Welcome to the Club!

    The Palatine Wine Club offers selection from the best, family-owned vineyards of the Saale-Ustrut region. Delivered to you monthly from the one thousand years old cellars of Kloster Zscheiplitz!
    Zscheiplitz began its life as a small Slavonic settlement on top of the hill overlooking the river valley – some time in the 7-9th century AD.
    Subjugated by the Frankish military might, it became a residence of the Imperial palatine count Friedrich of Saxony. In 1041 he built his Weissenburg residence here.

    In 1085 Friedrich's widow Adelheid donated the estate to the church. In 1089 Zscheiplitz became the Benedictine monastery. Saint Martin of Tour was its patron saint; the church, dedicated to him was erected soon thereafter and is the oldest one in the region of Unstrut valley.

    After the Reformation and subsequent dissolution of the monastery in the mid 16th century the estate passed to the hands of private owners. Fields and forests, churches, vineyards and mills – all together the property formed a unique socio-economic universum, preserved despite political turbulence and wars.

    Napoleon was an unwelcome guest here in October 1813, turning Zscheiplitz into a fortified artillery position in support of his retreating armies. Perhaps the biggest challenge to the village since the times of marauding Magyars in the 10th century was the neglect and disrepair of the Communist times. Deprived of any sort of repair over the period of more than fifty years it became almost totally ruined, with hollowed roofs, crumbling plaster and declining population. With virtually no one willing to take the responsibility for its future the castle was in danger of disappearing from the map of cultural and architectural heritage altogether.

    10 th.B.C. 900 A.D.
    920 A.D. 1085 A.D.
    1085 A.D. 1560 A.D.
    Archeological data shows, that the first human settlement appeared here in late Neolith, some 10 thousand years ago.
    In early 9th century the first wave of the Frankish colonisation has reached Unstrut – by then a Slavonic land, inhabited by peoples with cultural, ethnic and genetic identity similar to that of today's Sorbs and Czechs.

    Zscheiplitz was destined to become a central point of Frankish expansion in the area East of Thuringia. Sometime in early 10th century it became a place of permanent residence of the family, which ruled the area on behalf of German Kings and Holy Roman Emperors of the Ottoman dynasty – the counts of Goseck, Counts Palatine of Saxony, a cadet branch of the Wettin dynasty.
    Named Weissenburg – White Fortress – the residence remained in the hands of the Goseck family until the death of Friedrich III. According to the Reinhardsbrunn Chronicle he was murdered by the orders of his rival for power, wealth and influence – count Ludwig of Thuringia. After his brief imprisonment Ludwig has wed Friedrich's wife Adelheid, who, in atonement of her sins, donated the residence and the land around it to the order of St. Bernard.
    1945 A.D. 2008 A.D.
    1560 A.D. 1945 A.D.
    The ruins of the manor was acquired by the von Hahn family, direct descendants of count Burchard I von Goseck through maternal line and thus related to both Count Palatine Friedrich III and count Ludwig of Thuringia.
    2008 A.D. 2021 A.D.
    Before the land reform of 1949 the manor was owned by the Bila family, then, collectively, by 12 refugee families from the eastern parts of Germany.
    By early 2000s the manor was on the brink catastrophe having lost two of its five roofs, all of its facade-and interior decorations, ovens and fire places, with dilapidated electric cabling, broken water pipes, rotten floors, broken windows and doors.

    The Nunnery of Zscheiplitz was dissolved in 1540-s, with the death of its last inhabitant. The village and the estate became a property of prince Moritz of Saxony who created Zscheiplitz Manor to be owned exclusively by the nobility of the land (RITTERGUT). Only slightly affected by the retreat of Napoleon of France, who positioned his artillery on Zscheiplitz hill to cover his retreat from Leipzig on October 20 1813, the village was almost untouched by the 20-s century two world wars.

    from the history of the castle
    Zscheiplitz, Manor of wine,
    jewelry, history, and Hamlet…
    At Kloster Zscheiplitz we are committed to helping you to make memories that will last a lifetime. Whether it is planning your picturesque wine country wedding, scheduling a private wine testing with your friends and family, or booking your corporate event at a location that can accommodate up to fifty people, Kloster Zscheiplitz is the perfect location for you.
    Welcome, or you are welcome!
    Continuing our conversation about summer vacations and vacations - a page on our website about routes and tours in Germany and neighboring countries. For a day, two, and - who will not resist the pressure of our architectural, wine and other delights - for the rest of their lives. For prices, accommodation and any other information, please write in a personal message.
    Kloster Zscheiplitz is a family-owned residence, garden, art & event, and contemplation centre. All events, exhibitions, seminars, lectures, etc. are conducted and financed privately. We receive no government/ state support. Your gift will allow us to carry our work further, reach wider auditorium and to guarantee the future of a thousand-year old historical and architectural monument.
    This type of service allows users to view and interact with content hosted on external platforms directly through this website.
    If such a service is installed, it may collect traffic data for the pages on which it is installed even if users do not use it.
    Kloster Zscheiplitz 2008-2020

    Europe's oldest aristocratic residence
    Call: +49 176 31589629
    Send: Kloster Zscheiplitz Auf dem
    Gut 5 06632 Zscheiplitz Germany


    Weißenburg - Kloster Zscheiplitz: Dachsanierung hat begonnen

    Die Restaurierung der Hauptfassade und des Daches des Herrenhauses hat am 14. Februar begonnen.

    Der Teil der Fassade wird mit dem zu rekonstruierenden oberen Teil der Mauer wieder aufgebaut. Dies würde die Wiederherstellung der äußeren Fensternischen und die strukturelle Verstärkung der durch Feuer und anschließend durch Regenwasser beschädigten Wand umfassen.

    Des Weiteren wird der gesamte Dachstuhl des historischen Herrenhauses rekonstruiert. Damit werden dem Ort, der in den letzten 60 Jahren unter Vernachlässigung und systematischem Vandalismus gelitten hat, die Skyline, das historische Erscheinungsbild und die ästhetische Kohärenz wiederhergestellt.

    Alle Reparatur- und Umbauarbeiten werden mit Materialien aus der Region durchgeführt. Vorrangig werden die Materialien verwendet, die von Generationen der örtlichen Bauherren und Handwerker verwendet werden – Kalkstein und Kalksteinmörtel, der in Kombination mit umweltfreundlichen Terrakotta-Bausteinen verwendet wird. Die Rekonstruktion eines jahrtausendealten Denkmals manifestiert somit den Vorteil einer nachhaltigen Entwicklung, basierend auf Tradition und verstärkt durch moderne Bautechnik.

    Das aktuelle Sanierungsprojekt wird vom Bauingenieurbüro Kuhnert betreut und vom Bauunternehmen Winzer GmbH aus Gleina und der Gerüstbau-Dachdeckerei Wiebicke GmbH aus Naumburg ausgeführt.

    Wir danken für die Unterstützung und Ermutigung durch die Landesverwaltung Sachsen-Anhalt sowie für die aktive Mitarbeit des Landesdenkmalamtes.


    Weissenburg - Kloster Zscheiplitz: roof renovation has began

    The restoration of the main facade and roof of the Manor House has commenced on February 14.

    The part of the facade will be rebuild with the top part of the wall to be reconstructed. This would include the restoration of the outside window niches and structural strengthening of the wall, damaged by fire and, subsequently, by rainwater.

    Further, the entire roof truss will be reconstructed of the historical Manor House. Thus, the skyline, historic appearance and aesthetic coherence will be restored to the place which, over the last 60 years, much suffered from neglect and systematic vandalism.

    All repair and reconstruction works are done using the locally-sourced materials. Priority is given to the materials, used by the generations of the local builders and craftsman -- limestone and limestone mortar, which is used in combination with ecologically friendly terracotta building blocks. Thus, the reconstruction of a thousand-years old monument manifests the advantage of sustainable development, based on tradition and reinforced by modern building technique.

    The current reconstruction project is supervised by Bauingenieurbüro Kuhnert, carried out by Bauunternehmen Winzer GmbH of Gleina and Gerüstbau-Dachdeckerei Wiebicke GmbH of Naumburg.

    We are grateful for the support and encouragement received form the Sachsen-Anhalt state administration, as well as for active participation by the regional monument authority.
    Made on